Skip to content
Silent migraines?
lissmeanstrouble posted:
I have been seeing a very small black dot in my left eye near my nose for over 4 weeks, its there all the time, I can only see it in well lit areas, when its dark I can not see it. I have noticed blurred vision at times, flashy lights when I look up that make me shut my eyes in pain and cover my face and feel dizzy and disoriented. My left eye has poor vision when compared to my right.

I have had heartburn, nausea, diarrhea all at the same time, and getting car sick on short car rides. I have headaches that start in my brow, and work their way back into my neck and shoulders. I often have a hard time thinking of words that I want to use in conversation, I notice Ive been stuttering and stumbling.

Before I went to the eye doctor two days ago I didnt think my eye, and all my body symptoms were related. But some of the first questions he asked were if I was sick to my stomach or having car sickness. So he thinks that I am having migraine aura, and thats what the black dot in my eye is, cause he says he sees nothing wrong with my eye. He wants me to have an MRI to make sure nothing is wrong with my brain.
I am concerned because I do not feel that this black dot is really an "aura" symptom of a migraine. And when I feel sick in my body, a migraine headache doesnt always follow, my head can feel fine, but my body will continue feeling sick.

My MRI is tomoro and I guess Im just really stressing out, cause now Im becoming obsessed with this black dot in my vision, Im just sitting here looking at it, and reading as much as I can about Migraines and Auras, and the more I read the less I believe thats all thats wrong with me, and its making me scared...

When I read, the black dot zips left to right, up and down with my eyes as read them, its a pretty stationary dot, its not like it moves all over my eye, and its ONLY my left eye. I told my doctor that and he basically didnt believe me, he said "try to see it with your right eye, and I bet you will" What the hell difference does it make what eye its in, he said theres nothing wrong with my eye... he was being really thorough until the other doctor he practices with told him another patient needed to hurry to the temple. I should have told him I have to hurry to work, and I dont care about the other patients going to the temple, because I am paying for my office visit just like they are.

I dont know why hes convinced I should see it in both eyes or why that would matter, but I can only see it in one, I wonder if he just got in a hurry and missed something, cause I was convinced I had a floater or detached retina before I saw the doctor, now I think I have a brain tumor.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center