Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

My headaches don't fit the normal descriptions PLEASE HELP
    An_247866 posted:
    Hi, first time poster here. I've been scouring the web for an answer to my issue. A little over a month ago I started getting these dull headaches on a daily basis that I would just treat with advil. Eventually the advil stopped working (so i stopped taking it). About a week and a half ago I started getting a pain in the front left part of my head when I would stand up or lean over. I would describe the pain as moderate but pretty localized. The pain would last about 10 seconds or so and dissapear. I've seen my fligth doc about this (one of my few days pain free did occur while on a flight so I don't really link the two). He ordered some blood work and perscribed naproxen. After one day of two doses the pain still occured but stopped on day two. Day three I went past my second dose time and started to feel the pain again but it went away shortly after taking the pill. Anyway thats my story and I was hoping someone here could help identify what it was that I was experiencing and put my mind at ease or let me know if I need to push to get more tests. Anyway Thank you for your time, let me know if you need more details.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
    Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    83 of 112 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center