Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Headache triggers
aaronicole posted:
Hello,

I've been trying to so some research on the internet about a certain trigger that I have for my migraines, but have had no luck and was hoping someone could help.

Not sure how relevant this is, but I currently take nortriptyline to help with the constant daily headaches that I get without taking the medicine (and sometimes even with) and take imitrex when I get a full blown migraine. If I start to get a headache it almost always turns into a migraine, but I have no symptoms of migraine with aura.

That being said, I come to my actual question. When I wear sunglasses, no matter how lightweight they are or where on the bridge of my nose they sit, they always give me a headache/migraine. Is there something that can be done about this? It doesn't matter if they have padding on them or not, the slightest amount of weight automatically gives me a headache which is a pain especially because I can't wear sunglasses when driving.

I also get headaches from wearing headbands that push on any part of my head (for example if it is the kind that only go around the top half of your head a la headbands from the 80's, but also the new style of elastic band that goes around your entire head.)

Is there anything that can be done about this? Even if there is nothing to do except avoid sunglasses and headbands, is this something that I should worry about (the bridge of my nose more so than the headbands.)

Please help!

Helpful Tips

Migranes
I have found that taking 2 excedrine migrane and two benedryl helps with most of mine better that perscription pain pills More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center