Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Migraine slave
An_248110 posted:
Anyone here who has had migraines probably know how i'm feeling now.Family and friends think the effects are exaggerated and you have nowhere to turn to after hours of research and years of countless doctors,neurologists and psychiatrists.
The pain i'm in is undescribable* and its lasted for around 80hrs now with varying intensities,lack of sleep makes it even more untolerable as i,ve had around 9 hrs of sleep this week.I am having bad thoughts about ways to get rid of it,and dont think i can make it till tomorrow.I've taken betapyn pils(codeine phosphate) and the effect lasts for about 2-3 hrs.I'm afraid to take more OTC pills or antipsychotics like chloropromazine and olanzapine which i was on a few months back coz i dont want it to develop to status migrainosus.
Please help i have nowhere else to go.

I'm 19
95kg/180lb
Male
Kenyan(african)
No known hereditary causes

Again,Please Help,my body is shutting down

Kaypee responded:
I think you should go to the hospital.

itmatsb responded:
Yes, with indescribable pain, you should go to the hospital. It could be a stroke. My stroke started with severe, characteristically different migraines, then I had a full stroke with paralysis and lack of speech about 3 weeks later.

Probably you're not having a stroke, but you need help if you have this much pain--at the hospital.

Also, what medications have you been on to help your migraines? What treatments, such as injections, have you tried? Then I can be of more help to you.

Sara

ChrisW replied to itmatsb's response:
I did go to the hospital and after soo many pain killers, Cafergot (concentrated caffeine mostly) it got a little better.The doctors have concluded i seek neurologists help coz all imaging tests dont show any problems.I'll b flying to Germany in a month for that purpose.
Thank ya'll for ur concern.

itmatsb replied to ChrisW's response:
It doesn't sound like you've gotten very good help if you've only been treated with pain killers. What about daily preventative migraine medication? What about trigger point, nerve block or Botox injections? Most people who have migraines do NOT show anything on the imaging tests. Those MRI, MRA and CT scans are to determine if you have a more serious condition like a brain aneurysm, or multiple schlerosis. So you do need better medical help. Glad that you are traveling out of your country for some better care.

There are many things that can be done to improve your migraines. So take heart and know that you can be better.

Helpful Tips

Try dietary changes, exercise, other preventive and abortive drugs, Botox
These are typical chronic migraine headaches. While I cannot give specific advice to anyone without seeing them first, there are some ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center