Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Migraine Sufferer
elizabeth1304 posted:
Hi I am new to the migraine community but not new to migraines. My first memory of one was in first grade when my mother had to come get me due to pain and vomiting. I am usually posting on the Fibromyalgia community because I have both. I have a question, please. I take Lortab for Migraines along with Phenerghan. However, Over the years I have had to go to ER for pain shots because the pain is unbearable and my head feels as though it will explode. I am 52 years old and get intimidated and angry because some doctors ask me rudely, When is the last time you have had pain shot? or Do you go to numerous places for pain shots? The answers are NO but I am in SO much pain at the time, I am not able to have a conversation! I just meekly say "no" or 2 months ago since last shot. The next day is when I get angry and wish I had told the doctor how I feel about being made to feel a drug addict. I haven't had a pain shot in probably 2-3 months (can't remember) but unless miracle comes, it will happen again. Am I the only person this happens to? Sorry I went on and on but it really makes me feel bad. Thanks Beth in AL

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Beth and welcome,

I'm so sorry you are in so much pain with migraines, and for so long.

I too have been in that situation where a doctor has made me feel like I'm very depended on a pain medication.

Over time I have realized that they can think what they want, I know what's true.

When it comes to our health, we need to be our own advocate. We need to stand up for ourselves, and in this case you need to get the help you deserve.

I hope that helps.
Again welcome!
Chrissy~

Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.
-William Ellery Channing

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center