Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Did anyone have this experience with prednisone
Kathleen19464 posted:
I just started with migraines. I had a migraine that lasted a whole month. I went to see a neurologist. He started me on a 12 day prednisone taper. After the first 2 days I felt great. No migraine , Had a ton of energy. Then the third day ,I walked into a supermarket. A migraine came along and my light sensitivity and sound sensivity came back. Today is day #6 on the prednisone, No migraines today. I feel fine. I called my neurologist to ask if the prednisone taper will still work since I had a reoccurance. He said finish the prednisone and we will go from there. I had a cat scan and MRI done. Both were completely normal. I'm really hoping to stop the migraines for good.

Chiari1 responded:
Best of luck. My MRIs came back for Chiari 1 Malformation. Basically the neurosurgeon told me I need spinal decompression to end my migraine problem.

Helpful Tips

Supplements for headachesExpert
A lot of my patients ask about herbal supplements for headaches. There are very few studies of supplements for headaches, but there are ... More
Was this Helpful?
48 of 65 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center