Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What the hell is this?!
oxDoxOoxCoxToxOoxRoxKox posted:
Hello, I'm a 19 year old Female, I'm just slightly overweight, I've never had issues until about the age of 15-16. I started feeling dizzy a lot, the room would spin, I'd start to feel like things were blacking out on me, I had nausea and getting motion sickness quite often. I went to the ER and they told me I was very dehydrated. My body absorbed 2 pints of some type of saline solution. They did a X-Ray on me and told me I have Scoliosis, but not bad enough for surgery. After that I started getting horrible sharp pains in my head (Sometimes in the left temple, sometime the right, back of the head side of the head...etc.) that last about 5 secs to a min that come and go at random times. I thought it was just a migraine starting, which I do get them sometime, but Excedrin always helps. I got sick on Oct. 9, 2012 with some sort of congestion crap, pain behind my eyes, and my nasal passages, but they got worse at night time. I took some Musinex to try to pull that crap out, and it made my heart start beating irregular. I went to the ER and they told me I was having an anxiety attack, gave me a sedative and it went away so I was able to sleep. I was having issues sleeping because when I laid down my back, neck, and head hurt horribly. I started propping myself up when I slept which sort of helped. The next day after the ER I started to feel better, until it became night again. I took one of those sedatives (Lorazapam) which was prescribed to me and it gave me sharp chest pains on my left side and causing me to breathe funny, I felt like I wasn't getting enough air. I called a nurse hotline, and they told me to stop taking the medication and go to the ER again. I fell asleep that night, and felt fine the next day. Weeks passed by, I haven't been coughing at all but my pressure/congestion hasn't gone away. The pressure behind my nasal passages moved upward into my head, causing horrible headaches (More like head pain from pressure). I catch myself clenching my teeth when I try to go to sleep. I've slept on my sides since I was at least 8 years old, but I cannot anymore because of this issue. If I lay on my right side, my left temple hurts (vice versa). Today, It has been one month since I caught this "head cold", but I think It's more than that. I still have horrible head pains, pressure in my temples, horrible strained feelings in my neck, (right side) and my shoulder blades are sore as hell, still feel like I have issues breathing (more at night), sensitivity to light sometimes, loud music gives me a headache, the smell of some foods make me nauseous, still having sharp pains in my head, but they last longer now, and they're more frequent. I swore I was pregnant, took a pregnancy test last night, It was negative. I'm going to see a doctor in about two weeks, hoping they can find something to give me, or fix me. Does anyone know what I can do?

oxDoxOoxCoxToxOoxRoxKox responded:
I forgot to mention that when I get up, or move quickly, my heart races, and If I start moving around quickly and go and sit down I feel like my heart is trying to stop on me. It's painful.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center