Skip to content
topamax
rhondar posted:
any helpful tips from those who have taken topamax out there? I was just started on 50mgs twice a day and I am surely not feeling well. I am wondering if anyone had rough side effects that calmed down and how long it took?

allie_bf responded:
That's a pretty stiff starting dose (= 100 mg/day.) My neuro started me out at 25 mg a day and worked up. You could ask your doc if he/she would be willing to start you at a slower pace. For many people the side effects will resolve after awhile, but not for everyone. Give yourself a few (i.e. at least 3 or 4, perferably 6) months to see how things work out for you. This is a drug that works well for a lot of people so try to give it a chance. Eventually, however, you will have to decide if it's going to be worth putting up with the remaining side effects.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center