Skip to content
Worried about some severe headaches
An_248937 posted:
I have been experiencing severe headaches since I was very young, but only recently have they become so frequent as to happen everyday. The pain is best described as there being something in my skull that wants out, i.e an intense pressure and dull achy pain. The pain is worse when I bend over or cough. The pain is not constant, i.e comes some of the time and is gone other times, and can be relieved to some extent through the use of pain medications like Ibuprofen. The pain is often accompanied by nausea. The pain is never preceded by any sensory warnings. The headaches rarely cause sensitivity to light. I spoke with my primary care physician and she ordered an MRI. She is sure however that what I am experiencing are migraine headaches. I am asking this question mainly because I am curious as to whether I might be experiencing tension headaches, migraine headaches, or something more sinister like a brain tumor.

OtterMac responded:
What you are suffering from sounds very similar to my situation, but I have no possible diagnosis for you. i just wanted to post to reassure you that you were heard. I'm sorry you are suffering and I hope you find some relief. I would definitely advise you to see a neurologist who specializes in headaches. Your pcp can make a referral. If possible make your appointment for after your MRI so the neuro can get the results.

Otter
http://intractableheadache.wordpress.com/

vonnie33 responded:
id request to see a nurologist...it took me 18 months of fighting to get mine diagnosed...good luck x

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
80 of 109 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center