Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can't tollerate this pain level
2muchfinpain posted:
PLEASE HELP! I'm in severe migraine pain 1 1/2 - 2 weeks out of the month. Below is a list of things I can't take due to medical probs i have.
Triptans like Imatrex- gives me chest pain
Beta blockers- cuz I have chronic bronchitus
I have tried massive doses of ibuprophen (Dr. said it works just as good as fiorinal with codiene-hah- big lie)
Neurontin-or it's similar gabapentin didn't work
amyltriptaline made me gain weight and I'm already 100 pounds overweight! AND it didn't prevent or stop my migraines.
lyrica made me so sleepy all I wanted to do was sleep.
Cymbalta made me depressed- severely & tired & angry.
The only thing that has ever taken my migraines 100% away is the fiorinal with codiene, but it is being discontinued as a migraine med and now I'm in terrible pain- what are they going to do with those of us that can't take other meds because of the side effect or existing medical problems.
I have glaucoma -very bad so, I can't take anything that has eye pressure or blurry as a side effect.
I have chronic bronchitus
I can't take anything that can make you depressed or anxious.
I have an ulcer
is there ANYTHING that will 100% take away my migraines that I CAN take- keeping my limitations in mind- HELP! I want my life back! I have to lie in bed with ice on my head- for days at a time. I can't even watch TV or cook- my migraines are level 9 1/2 (10 I consider to be passing out). Thanks. P.S. I have tried feverfew, vitamins, staying away from chocolate, cheese & tomatoes.I really don't understand why I'm being taken off something that has worked for me for 20 years! thanks

allie_bf responded:
Have you talked with your doctor about Botox for migraine relief? You might be a candidate since you are having so many migraine days per month. There are still preventative drugs that you haven't referenced above (e.g. calcium channel blockers, such as verapamil,) but it sounds like you have already failed a lot of the other standard therapies.

Helpful Tips

HELP!!!
I am a healthy 13 year old male and I have recently been having had pains. For the last 6 months i had intense head pain. I head random ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center