Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Adderall and Headaches
shanmik73 posted:
I need some help. My husband has Adult ADD. He has been on Adderall 20 mg for about two years now. Since Oct 10, he has had these horrible headaches. Now mind you he does get migraines, but these headaches aren't like his"normal" migraines. Any migraine medicine he takes doesnt work. I call our primary doc and he put him on more nuerotin and furicet (spelled wrong). both medications did nothing. At the ER he was given the migraine cocktail and of course it didnt work. He would take his adderall, go to bed and wake up without the headache for a few hours anyway. The last 4 days that even stopped working. The last ER visit he was given two powerful narcotics and they made the headache worse. the was givien an older med and it worked for a few hours. This morning he took 40 mg of adderall and after 20 minutes the headache went away. so far it hasnt come back. Now his doc wants to see us in the office tomorrow morning... kinda freaking out.. any suggestions or comments?

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center