Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Chronic Tension Headaches?
DearAshleigh posted:
I am pretty sure that I have CTH; I have headaches definitely more than 15 days a month, always have. It feels like something is pressing on my temples, and sometimes it feels like my neck/back of my head are in extreme pain. A lot of the time I get nauseous from it, obviously light and noise affect me a lot.
My question is, for anyone suffering as well, how do you manage?
My dad always thought the headaches/migraines came from me not being able to see well, I need glasses/contacts, and so when I started wearing contacts we thought the headaches would go away. And what do you know, they didn't. I just want to know if there is a solution, I'm tired of not being able to live my life.

nailah123 responded:
would say go see a holistic doctor. Do you have any vitamin deficiencys , Being low in vitamins can cause daily do you eat alot of salt with your food. High sodium levels can cause headaches. I would also say conventional doctors will fill your head with prescription medication and send you on your way. Educate yourself about health and you will notice a difference

An_249441 responded:
Have you been seen by a doctor for migraines? It sounds like the migraines that I get, not tension headaches. There are a lot of good treatments out there that may help you.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center