Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Vision Changes with Migranes
Tabby_Sparks0828 posted:
I apologize if this isnt typed just right. I am having vision changes with my last two migranes. The most recent one was last night and my vision got kinda blurry, but today I am having a vey big problem focusing and everything is really blurry. I was wanting to know how long this would last and if its normal or not. I mean i am kinda scared and cant drive or anything. Any comments or tips would be greatly appreciated. Oh and i usually have about two a month but lately i havent had that many migranes and this is the first one i have had in probably 3 motnsh or so. But in my previous ones before these last two i never really had this problem. Just sensitibity. Thank you for any info you can give me

An_250014 responded:
I was diagnosed with migraines about 10 years ago when I went to the hospital on a holiday weekend complaining of loss of vision! I thought I had a detached retina. Nope, it was a migraine aura. Since then my migraine symptoms can be described as both visual and neurological: I get the flashing lights, or shimmering edges to my sight; or I lose partial sight; or I get terribly dizzy. My migraines are definitely hormone related: estrogen related. I don't know if you are male or female, but if you are a woman, this type of headache is not uncommon. I was taken off the pill immediately and now I take an anti-depressant. Go to a neurologist and have your eyes checked. Good luck! It's a long road ahead.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center