Skip to content
headache
An_249820 posted:
SO im not sure if someone can give me some advice but Ive been having a constant nonstop headache for about three moths. My head feel tight and feels like its being suqeezed constantly 24/7. I dont smoke or drink. I eat healthy and i drink plenty of water. I was at the gym when the headache started and since then no relief. i got a cat scan, MRI, lumbar puncture and have been tested for blood test. In the last three works i noticed a tremor in my head when im still my head shakes and I can feel my heartbeat in my head. I have been to a chiropracter who says I have a pinched nerve but treatments arent helping?This sounds weird i know but it feels weirder. What should I do next

An_249441 responded:
Hi, sorry to hear about your ongoing pain. It sounds like your doctor is ordering a good selection of tests to get a diagnosis and treatment plan. The pulsing, shaking, tremors, and things like that do happen with migraines and aren't necessarily a sign of anything worse. Of course you'll want to keep your doctor informed of new symptoms. Have you been given are prescriptions?

I'm going to suggest being careful with the chiropractor. They can be very helpful, but you're having constant pain with no relief so perhaps chiropractic isn't effective for you now. My experience with a chiro (that I went to for headache pain) actually caused some damage.

Are you keeping a pain/medication/food/activity journal(s)? There are some good apps out there that make logging pretty easy. That might help you identify patterns in your pain, both for triggers and relief. Take the diary with you to dr appts. We migraine people can have some unique food and weather sensitivities!

Well, that's plenty for now. Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center