Skip to content
My Headaches
LoveToRead posted:
I've had these really bad headaches since kindergarten. 3 Years ago my mom decided that I had migraines. I've had Excedrin Migraine, Tylenol, and Ibuprofen. Nothing works. Sometimes they get so bad I throw up and have to lie down in a dark room. I'm extra sensitive to light and especially noises. They mainly start on the left side of my head and it gradually builds and can spread to my other side. I have them maybe once a month. They are worse if I travel in any vehicle, aircraft, or boat. I'm 15 and they are in no correlation with my period. They aren't really linked with any food I eat, though they sometimes can originate if I eat dairy (I'm lactose-intolerant). They mostly start in the afternoon. Sometimes a pulsing, other times pressure. I become very tense in my head and neck. Sometimes they can last days if I have get a cold or something else. Are these migraines or a more serious problem? And if they are migraines, how should I treat them?

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center