Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Migraine/Headache Problems
An_249865 posted:
Ever since I can remember I've always had back Migraines/Headaches. I tried using a Migraine Diary but I can't come up with a common trigger to my migraines... every time their different. Every day I wake up to know that I will get one... sometimes they only last a few hours, but other times they go on for days, weeks... and its inflicting the way I function every day.

At the moment I have another Migrane that's lasting now around 3 days or so... I don't know what to do about it. So far today I've taken 2 Aleve, 4 Advil, 4 Excedrin. The only thing that gave me some relief (about 3hrs or so) is the Excedrin. I can't keep taking pain killer after pain killer...

Every time I get a migraine their always different. I live with these migraines... and at this point don't know what to do....

At times their so bad that I can't sit I have to walk/pace back and forth. I tried turning my body upside down... and it help... but when I sit back up the pain is back. I tried eating ice... it does help... but only if I eat ice 24/7.

You name it, I have almost every symptoms of Migraines and some of Tension Headaches...

Does anyone recommend a pain reliever, or something?!

Cay__ responded:
Avoid chewing ice - after years of ice chewing i have 3 cracked molars that now need caps. very expensive ice.
Get hot packs that you can microwave and try putting those on the back of your neck and on your forehead - it will increase the blood flow (which is probably why being upside down helped)
if you are eating that many painkillers you are probably in a rebound pattern - once the pain killer wears off, the headache comes back with a vengence and you have to take more. Hydrate, heat packs, and lie down in a dark room.
You really need to go see a neuro - one that deals with migraines / chronic H/A - they do have other things that will help you get off the pain / pill marry-go-round.
good luck.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center