Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
headaches only when breathe through right nostril
sedler14 posted:
Ive had sinus issues for years, i am 26 years old and run 5 times a week. I recently had my second syntoplasty done in december and thought that would stop the headaches. I get headaches only on the right side of my head and its only when i inhale through my right nostril. It almost feels like extreme cold air that rushes to my head and the pain is only temporary but very annoying. Ive tried every medication possible, recently was given Fioricet but nothing stops the pain. It has now been going on for six days straight. Could this be more than sinus issues? please help?

chilly22 responded:
I have had the exact same thing going on now for several months. I only feel the ache/pain/cold burn on the right side of my head when I inhale through my right nostril.I have been to several doctors with no answers. Extremely annoying, would be an understatement, I can't take it any more. Going for an MRI today to see if there is something going on.

sedler14 replied to chilly22's response:
If you dont mind could you let me know what the MRI results ?

mochap1 replied to chilly22's response:
I know it has been a while since your reply regarding this headache topic, but I saw your answer when I was looking for answers. I have the same problem, headache on the right side only when breathing througt my right nostril.
Is it everything ok with you now?
what was it?
Thank you for your time!

sedler14 replied to mochap1's response:
went to MRI also and nothing was found

mochap1 replied to sedler14's response:
Hi sedler14,

I'm sorry, or glad!, for knowing that nothing was found in the MRI.
But since it was something like one year ago, how are you now?

I keep with my headaches on the right side, only when i inhale through my right nostril...

Kind regards

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center