Skip to content
Crushing headaches after epidural
kastolzm posted:
Hiya, I am looking for some answers and a symptoms list for PDPH, or post dural procedure headaches.

I gave birth vaginally, on 1-13-13. I received a standard epidural. Starting about 1-25, I have been experiencing CRUSHING headaches/migraines. The pain, is generally across my forehead or temples, or above the back of my neck. Bright light is very sensitive as well as loud noise. If I lay down for a nap, I am able to fall asleep without problems. The moment I swing my legs over the side of the bed and sit up, my head instantly starts throbbing. Pain medications doesn't seem to affect it. I've taken tylenol with codeine and 800mls of motrin [not at the same time> with no change in pain. I'm limited on pain meds choices because I am nursing. I am well hydrated and taking a good source of vitamins, such a Vit C, echinea, B complex, prenatal vitamins.

Suggestions or thoughts? I have an appt with the ARNP this afternoon [1/28>. I'd like to rule out [and peace of mind> pdhp. Do I request an MRI/CT for this? How is it determined. Thanks. Kori

Helpful Tips

HELP!!!
I am a healthy 13 year old male and I have recently been having had pains. For the last 6 months i had intense head pain. I head random ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center