post concussion
An_250236 posted:

Hello today is February 2, 2013
I have an injury that was caused by a roll of carpet falling upon the left side of my head,face and body... approximately 65lbs
The sudden impact also affected my jaw, neck, shoulder, arm, hips, knees and ankles....mostly on the left side, but also affected right side.
I was diagnosed with experiencing a trauma…concussion and now post concussion syndrome.
It has been nearly a month, I still have head aches and my ears have not stopped ringing. Also had ear aches at times.
There is still pressure in my head on the left side when I bend forward.
I have not been able to sleep on my left side due to the pressure in my head.
I have trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep. It is very fragmented and disturbed.
I have experienced nausea and dizziness.
My cognitive abilities have been affected, also my moods.
My left nostril ..sinus? seems to be affected also with left nostril almost burning dry and the other not quite working fully. Can a concussion affect sinus/nostril?
The pain in my head travels around my skull... but being consistent on the left temporal area and left side of the head.
Also, have had pain above my brow bone and around the left eye area.
There is also has a burning pressure sensation mostly on the top part of my head, but move around. Why does it move around?and burn?

With all this going on, I do not feel like myself.
How are concussions rated …relative to incident or pain?
I am not taking any medication presently. The prescription that I took originally was not really doing anything and then another one made me vomit.
I prefer a holistic approach to healing.
I am wondering when this may heal up…
Is massage is a recommended treatment?
Also is chiropractic treatment recommended? I have seen a chiropractor a couple times recently.
Does age play a factor in injury and recovery?
I work in a very high stress noisy environment with numerous phones ringing all day, people talking and loud radio music. I am wondering what is the best scenario returning to this type of work environment with a post concussion.
Are there brain exercises I should be doing to get my cognitive abilities back to normal?
Any feedback would be appreciated . Thank you for your time & energy!!