MRI Results?
Juliets1979 posted:
Hi everyone,
I've been having almost daily headaches for awhile now so my Dr sent me for an MRI. (I have other issues as well but won't get into them all here lol) I got the results yesterday but am not completely sure what it all means. Can anyone help?
Here is what it says.
MR of the Brain
History
Headaches

Technique
Sagittal T1 and Axial T1/T2/Flair images of the brain

Findings
The midline is central. Ventricles and sulci are within normal limits.
There is a small focus of increased signal in the deep white matter of the right vertex. This is non-specific and of unknown etiology and may be related to chronic microvascular changes. A focus of demyelination cannot completely be excluded in this age group.
A focus of increased signal measures 7mm.
The remainder of the white matter is clear. Diffusion weighted imaging is normal with no signs of acute ischemia. The foramen magnum is clear.
There is no abnormal mass or collection.

Thanks in advance for reading.

penguie responded:
I am not a doctor but I am an MRI tech and often see reports from migraine patients and scan such patients. Im also a migraine sufferer so I know your pain.

From reports I have seen and speaking with our radiologists about myself and scas I am eprforming this reads like a typical report of a mgiraine sufferer. Oten when scanning I see there white matter changes that they do not know the cause of. Quite often depending on age they may elect to do a followup mri in 6mos or so to determine if there are any further changes or if things are stable. It seems to read that they did not find any evidence of tumour, stroke or chiari malformatino

again nto a doc but a fellow sufferer who work in medical imaging. If you have questions about the repor you are best to speak to your MD to see if they can provide any further clarification

ksailmason responded:
Hi there,
I found your article very interesting and helpful. I recently had my second MRI read. It was the second one taken in six years. They found more significant "white matter spots" than in the previous MRI. This really frightens me but I am told it is just a sign of someone with migraines and that this is blood vessels that were once inflamed and now have resolved themselves. Could I be a candidate for stroke? Should I be seeing someone else? Now I have been put on "topimazole" and I am still having "weekend migraines". Any suggestions?