Skip to content
headaches
bellasw19 posted:
My boyfriend has been getting headaches at least 3-4 times a week, if not daily in his temples and behind his right ear lobe. They are sometimes accompanied by nose bleeds. His Dr. told him to keep a record of how often they occur, and today they took xrays of his head, at least 7 he told me. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing these headaches like this? Is it allergies?

itmatsb responded:
First of all, if someone is having migraines that often, do you know that taking any pain relievers more than 2 times a week can risk you getting rebound migraines?

I have never heard of x-rays being used to diagnose headaches. MRI, MRA or CT scans, yes. But all that does is rule out serious problems like a tumor or multiple schlerosis. Then the doctor diagnoses based on the symptoms.

Typically daily preventative migraine meds are used first to treat headaches as often as your boyfriend's are. If they weren't prescribed, get another doctor.

Helpful Tips

A good read for overall migraine conditions
http://www.migrainetrust.org/factsheet-migraine-triggers-10505 More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center