Skip to content
Hemiplegic Migraine sufferer- new to group
An_252219 posted:
I am new to this group but I am so glad that I finally have a place to vent on occassion about our unique condition.

I began having hemiplegic migraines when I was around 7 or 8 right in the middle of shopping with my mom in walmart. I am now 25 years old so I have suffered from these strange migraines for more than half my life. I am sure as many of you can also attest to my symptoms have evolved over time where it may have started with the numbness and headache alone in earlier years to now they are full blown with auras, speech difficulty (not just speaking but I know what I want to say but the words don't leave the tip of tongue), I lose depth perception, and many many other things including complete exhaustion for a few days after.

Now that I am married and thinking of starting a family in the future and that adds to the anxiety over these. I worry about my children having these because me and 4 of 5 siblings all suffer from these. I don't want them to suffer like I have. Not to mention searching for work it almost makes me wonder if I can hold a medical assistant position if these are not trackable honestly can I even drive a car safely?

These might seem irrational but this is what I have had to deal with since I was a child.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center