Skip to content
My 10 year old has migraines. Help!!!
Llankins posted:
I am so frustrated, my daughter keeps getting migraines even after being to the dr and being prescribed the only things she is allowed to take. Have any of you had experience with migraines in children? Please give any tips or suggestions. I would gladly accept the advice! She has had 4 in a month and I just feel horrible. Thank you in advance!

rosielou responded:
Has she been to a neurologist who specializes in pediatric migraine? That would be a very good place for her treatment. Not all neurologists are headache experts, and pediatric is a specialty inside that. If her current doctor is saying there's nothing else to be done, consider changing doctors.

Migraines are difficult to treat and can take more than a few rounds of trying different meds and other treatments. It's a trial and error process sometimes.

Sorry I don't have specific treatment advice to offer. I hope your daughter gets some relief soon.

Rosie

Helpful Tips

HELP!!!
I am a healthy 13 year old male and I have recently been having had pains. For the last 6 months i had intense head pain. I head random ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center