Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I was a young child with migraines
Pony40 posted:
To respond to your question, I was a child who suffered from frequent bouts of migraines. They arrived at the onset of puberty, so your own daughter may be going through the same at the young age of 10. My mom would keep me in my room, without any light and keep a cold compression on my head. she also made me a concoction of hot milk, cinnamon, one raw egg, little sugar, and a teaspoon of pure alcohol (not rubbing alcohol) mixed well in the blender. It may have been the small amount of alcohol with the protein in the egg, but this put me to sleep, and helped tame the pain. I also recommend a daily workout schedule she can adapt since meds are never as good as natural endorphins to help heal pain. It's very important that she keep a constant workout schedule, I highly recommend this as the ultimate pain med. You may also give her a relaxing head and neck massage, nothing beats a mom's touch.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center