Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Migraines and other problems
An_252332 posted:
A couple of months ago I ended up in the emergency room for what I suppose was a seizure of some sort. It started with a migraine that just got worse and worse and eventually I just couldn't move or speak well. My friends thought I may have gotten roofied or something like that but at the hospital they checked. I don't drink so there was no alcohol involved. My blood pressure was extremely high hovering around 190 over 120. They asked if I had any head trauma and I told them that I've had countless concussions while playing soccer. I play goal keeper and I have absolutely no regard for my own body when I'm on the field. I get kicked in the head a lot. They recommended I follow up with a neurologist. Well, I don't have health insurance so that's not happening anytime soon. I also have these sort of dreams where I wake up but I'm still dreaming and I interact with my environment but there are extra things there. Like I woke up one night and there was a soccer field in my room and it seemed completely normal. The balls weren't going in the goal but there was no one blocking them. So I got up and I went to my mom's room and asked her "who's stopping the balls" and she didn't know what I was talking about. To me this seemed perfectly logical and it took me a few minutes to actually wake up and realize I was being a complete idiot. Those dreams happen all the time and now my parents and roommates at college just go with it till I wake up and figure out what's going on. I also have frequent migraines and it's driving me crazy but I haven't had one as bad as the emergency room incident since then. Are these things connected? Should I be worried and do you know what might be wrong with me?

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center