Skip to content
Exercise induced headache
Californian posted:
I've been getting sudden throbbing headaches while doing weight-lifting type training. No problem with a good cardio workout on treadmill, and no history of migraines. Just started a couple weeks ago, aand at the beginning it went away after the workout, but this last it lasted most of the evening. I would like to try something easy, assuming the problem is exertion headache and see if I get relief as opposed to going to the doctor and them ruling worst case scenarios with expensive tests. Any ideas?

mackallen responded:
You can consult a chiropractor about your problems. Its really affordable. He will recommend you some specific exercises best suited to you. You can also discuss with him your problem of headaches, I am sure he can treat that too.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center