Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Black out when I laugh
llmichelle2001 posted:
For a while now I have been getting sharp stabbing headaches when I laugh hard accompanied with a feeling of dizziness. I have put them off thinking its no big deal because the headaches do not last long, but recently I have started to lose time when this happens,like blacking out. It is not a significant amount of time, only 10-15 seconds, but it has me concerned. This last Isolde lasted longer than ones before and left me feeling really out of it for a few minutes. I am overweight but have ever been diagnosed with high blood pressure or cholesterol. Also when I have these episodes my heart feelis like it is going to jump out of my chest. Are my symptoms normal? I can't get into a doctor for a week and a half and want to know if I should seek more immediate medical attention.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center