Skip to content
Stopping Oxy - advice please
An_252769 posted:
Hi All, [br>I've been taking OXI IR for 1.5 year now due to awful Mirgins... I've seen my doctor once a month and monitor everything all the time - I've decided that these pills have to much of a strangle hold over me, ever time i feel a slight pain in my head i take one, when it's a Awful migrain i take one... I've never taken the pills unless I've had pain... [br>[br>I'm currently taking 6 or 7 pills per day ( 5MG) each... some days it's only 4 pills ... the most is 8... [br>[br>I called my Doctor today and told him that I want to stop these pills and he said it's up to me as I've been diagnostic with Chronic daily Migraines.... [br>[br>So what should I expect? I'm stopping cold turkey next week... [br>[br>I have Clonnazapn ( I've been on it for 8 years) to help with any anxiety, I also have some sleeping pills due to not being able to sleep last year... My Doctor also called in a Script for me for some type of blood pressure pill to make sure stopping the OXI wouldn't cause medical issues.... [br>[br>Is there any advice for me? [br>[br>I want to repeat I've been on these pills on from my Doctor for a REAL pain issue for a year and a half and I've never taken a pill unless I'm in pain ( which is everyday).... I have NEVER crushed these, snorted these, injected these... NEVER [br>[br>my reasons are I would like to be off these for at least 3-4 months to evaluate how my normal pain relief for my migrians - my fear is that I'm having rebound migrians due to the normal use ... [br>[br>Advice and thoughts for me please?

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center