Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Seeking to understand migraine impact on spouse/partner NEW STUDY
kbacher posted:
My name is Karen Bacher and I am a PhD student (and chronic migraine patient of more than 25 years) working under the supervision of Dr. Virginia Shipman, Professor, from the Family Studies Program in the College of Education, IFCE Department, at University of New Mexico. We are conducting a study entitled "Migraine headache: A family affair," and are currently seeking volunteers to participate in this study. The study seeks to explore the impact of migraine headaches on spouses/partners of patients with migraine headaches. We are seeking married or cohabitating heterosexual couples in which the female experiences chronic migraine and the male is migraine free. Participation in this study involves completing an on-line survey. Both patient and partner complete their own version of the on-line survey at their own individual convenience. Interested couples can contact me at bacher@unm.edu for eligibility criteria, study details and the link to the on-line survey.

An_252961 responded:
I know my husband would be really interested in this study-he is always saying due to my migraines I don't have much of a life-but what is worse is all the b/s he ends up having to deal with. Please contact us,we would make excellent volunteer candidates! My migraines have been since I was 12 1/2 years old(now 45 1/2) they run on both sides of my family.I've been with my spouse James for 18 years now-so he's experienced quite a lot with me-not to mention his frustration with our rural hospital and some of the Dr.s that do not believe in migraines and refuse to help. Our e-mail is: jandv65@yahoo.com,our home # is:530-258-4362. We are very interested in your study!! Perhaps it can give us some insight,and even help our situation. ThankYou for Your Time, Valerie Lewis/James Powell II Anxiously awaiting your reply!!!

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 104 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center