Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ice pick headaches every few seconds all day
An_252933 posted:
I am getting ice pick headaches in my ear area that last only a few seconds but return a few seconds later. In other words I am in severe, stabbing pain every 10 seconds or so all day long. I cannot function. Can barely speak without wincing. I am a lawyer and this is affecting my work. Can't focus, speak to clients without wincing. It's driving me crazy. Can't sleep for the pain. Don't know what to do. They call these nuisance headaches but this is becoming disabling. Any remedy for this constant stabbing pain that feels like someone is jabbing a pencil in my ear every 10 seconds or so?

rosielou responded:
That is pretty extreme for an Internet solution. I'd get myself to the doctor right away, like first thing tomorrow morning. It might just be a migraine, but maybe not.

Please let us know what you find out.

RL

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center