Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Needing help with Migraines
makenzismom2008 posted:
I was hospitalized last week...was told that I was having a stroke. After my MRI and CAT scans came back clear the neurologist stated that I am having migraines. She released me two days later and I am still having symptoms. She prescribed me imitrex and that made everything worse if possible. I am constantly light headed, my heart will start racing when I hear loud noises, voices, or someone angry. The right side of my face and my arm will go numb and start tingling. The funny thing is I don't have a headache for a couple hours after this starts. I am alternating Excedrin migraine and naproxen about every four hours, and a sleeping pill at night. This is very confusing for me and I cannot stand the way I am feeling. I haven't been able to work and I have a 5 year old daughter. When I have to lay in the bed or couch all day with my eyes closed or covered it is just not ok. Can anyone help me???

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center