Skip to content
Migraine symptoms or something else?
anbm2012 posted:
About two weeks ago I went to sleep with a migraine headache (not unusual as I have had headaches and migraines for several years). When I awoke the next morning, I still had the headache but my vision in my left eye was blurry. This had not happened before. On the advice of my husband, I took two Excedrin and waited; the blurriness went away about two hours later. (If it hadn't, we were going to the ER.) I have not had a problem with my vision since. I have had headaches off and on since then, but not as bad as the one that caused my vision to blur. The issue is this: I am still having what I can best describe as a feeling of very mild pressure in my left eye area. It sort of feels like sinus pressure around my eye socket, but the eye itself sort of feels tingly on an intermittent basis. My vision is fine and there is no swelling, discharge, or redness. I am debating on whether to call my doctor. On a side note, I am 39, female, in optimal health (had my yearly physical two months ago). No underlying health issues aside from a prolapsed mitral valve. I do have a family history of stroke (grandmother in her 50s and mother in her 50s). Thoughts?

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center