Skip to content
Unusual 3 + week migraine - advice/help please
Tracie0418 posted:
Hello- I have had a migraine now for over three weeks. Though this isn't my usual migraine, sometimes throughout the day I will feel fine, pain free really. Then out of the blue my migraine will be back and it will just hurt so bad that it brings me to tears. I have seen 5 doctors, had an X-ray and 2 cat scans and am on all the meds (Percocet and imitated with Motrin at the moment). I have missed so much work and I am unable to carry on my life as normal due to the possibility of the migraine sneaking back up on me. Has anyone had a similar issue? Any thoughts or advice? I am going to see a neurologist tomorrow but I am afraid it will be like every other doctor and they won't be able to figure it out.

I have tried drinking more water, sleeping more, resting, I wear ear plugs majority of the time now to try to reduce noise triggering it again. I'm running out of ideas.

I've provided more details below so it may help with any ideas Location: right side Time that it is the worst: usually in the afternoon/evening My job: digital marketing - NYC Age: 24

I appreciate all input and thoughts! Thank you!

brascon01 responded:
Hello Tracie,

Your migraines sounds a little like mine. Last month i had a migrane for 6 weeks. What helped me during the last few weeks was Motrin 800 and Benadry. It helped to bring the pain down alot. I was miserable for along time.
As of two weeks ago my new doctor put me on Gabapentin in combination with Atenolol and Limbitrol my headaches have drastically reduced. Its only been a week but i so love it. Just keep a listing of your meds and keep pushing your doctor to try different things.

Have faith.
Isabel

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center