Skip to content
Migraine with a Bowel Movement
TerriAir posted:
I have had (3) of these very painful Migraines this past week. They all happened during a Bowel Movement. I get the Heart Beat in the back of my neck and it radiates up into my head. Every time my heart beat, it would send painful sharp pain which was every few seconds. The one I had yesterday sent me to the emergency room. They gave me Reglan with Benidryl. When that didn't touch it, they gave me moriphene. When that only brought the pain level from a 9 to a 7. Then they gave me Diloded and that brought it down to a 3 which was good enough for me to go home. They did a CT Scan and it was clear. They did blood work and it was clear, they did a EKG because my Blood Pressure was higher than normal and my heart rate was real low like in the 40's. The EKG was perfect. I am suppose to follow up with a Neurologist but I don't have insurance and I don't have the means to pay for a visit to one. I don't know what I am going to do. I am so afraid to have a BM because I don't want that pain again. A BM is not something you can avoid either. Has anyone found any treatments that work for this type of Migraine? I know now that is is related to the Vagus Nerve. I don't know what I did to damage that nerve. How do you manage this situation? Someone please help me!!!!!

Helpful Tips

A good read for overall migraine conditions
http://www.migrainetrust.org/factsheet-migraine-triggers-10505 More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center