Skip to content
Petadolex -Butterbur root extract
ellsworth52 posted:
Hi all - just an update with my results using Petadolex
(history of 15 - 25 migraines each and every month).

I started taking Petadolex in April 2013. In March I had 21 migraines (normal); in May, I had 18 migraines (still within normal for me). Skip ahead to August - I only had 11 migraines!! Not only that, but my migraines have stopped running on for up to 8 days in a row. Now I have a maximum of 2 days running with each migraine.

Granted this supplement took a long time to work for me (4 months), but I was determined to give it a really good try. Yesterday I had a doctor appointment and the doctor wasn't surprised that I was having such a good outcome with the supplement. He has a few other patients with acute chronic migraines, like me, that are having just as good results.

So, I am thrilled to have so many days without a migraine - I'm able to get more done, exercise, and have a 'normal' life. On the days I do have a migraine, it is the same as always - but knowing it won't last long, has done wonders for me.

I suggest if anyone wants to try this, that you give it a really long trial - 4 months seemed so long, but supplements and herbs always take longer to work over prescriptions. The only side effect I have is more hot flashes (because of the riboflavin), but I am counteracting it with my hot flash herbs - getting those back under control. My doctor approves of this treatment wholeheartedly.

I've noticed a few more negative reports on the Internet; you need to take everything you read with an open mind. Yes, Petadolex is made in Europe and distributed here. Petadolex also has a patent on how to make this a safe supplement to us - early on it was discovered the Butterburr was hard on your liver. But...Petadolex changed the way they process it, so there is no danger to the liver. That's why Petadolex is the only formula you want to take.

Good luck. always, Shirley

itmatsb responded:
Yes, Petadolex is made in Germany, where the government evaluates all herbals, unlike our FDA in the US where none of the herbals are evaluated and often have toxins like lead in them. Petadolex has also helped me tremendously. When I stopped taking it, I got the worst migraine ever.

An_253839 replied to itmatsb's response:
Where can I get this Petadolex?

~Rosemirrors~

allie_bf replied to An_253839's response:
There are a number of nutrition stores that have it, but Amazon or drugstore.com are probably the most popular. I did try it, and it did work for me, but not so well as to make up for the cost, and I and stopped it myself. Everyone's different, however, so I would still put it on the "worth trying" list.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center