Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can a spinal CSF leak be dangerous?
maryalice40 posted:
Migraine/neck pain when in upright position, pain goes away when laying flat, tingling/numbness in face, nausea, vomitting after standing too long, sinus pain, hurts to move eyes, liquid poured out of one side of nose, keeps coming out of eye (same side). Dr confirmed CSF leak after hearing my symptoms. Had lumbar puncture monday. Wanted to send me for blood patch but i cannot sit up in the waiting room for an hour or more in the ER, he could not write an order. Can my neurologist that ordered the lumbar puncture write the order or is my only choice through the ER? Is there any danger in this type of csf leak? I am catching a cold. My immune system is a bit weak. I have a connective tissue disorder and I don't fight off infections well. Can this heal on it's own?

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center