Skip to content
Petadolex and depression? sinking, heavy, tired...
melancholia9 posted:
After about a month of trying Petadolex for migraine prevention, I started to feel terribly depressed. I stopped with the Petadolex (partly because I was too down to remember/reach them/re-order). And I perked up. But the migraines returned, and a couple months later I started the supplement again to see if the depressive episode was unrelated. However, I'm feeling it again after less than two weeks of returning to Petadolex. I struggle with atypical, chronic depressions, and I've tried dozens of meds for depression and migraine over the last 15 years.

I can't believe how well Petadolex works for me, migraine-wise. Within a few weeks, I had them less frequently, and when I felt one trying to push in, I could usually make it go away with ibuprofen (!!). Normally, a handful of Advil for my migraine would have been like setting a mousetrap for a grizzly. This is why I was willing to try it again.

Of course, the two episodes don't prove it ISN'T a coincidence. I didn't find anyone else describing this experience on the internet. So I'm wondering if anyone can relate.

Helpful Tips

Supplements for headachesExpert
A lot of my patients ask about herbal supplements for headaches. There are very few studies of supplements for headaches, but there are ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center