Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Left Temporal lobe headache and headache behind eye
ashinatx posted:
Hi there. I have been having a headache around my left temporal lobe and behind my left eye for about 3 days or so now and sometimes across my forehead. Its a dull annoying ache usually in the morning and feels better in the evening. I'm usually an allergy sufferer and have sinus issues, especially this time of year in Texas. Even did the balloon sinuplasty last year. I'm about 19 weeks pregnant as well. The only thing I can think of is the change of weather or the Neti-Pot I used about 3 nights ago. I typically clean it out with hot/warm tap water and a little handsoap, and let it air dry. When I use it to irrigate my sinuses, I mix the premade solution with some of the bottled water I have (either Dasani or Evian spring water) and I microwave it for about 30-40 seconds until it is warm. I didn't know if the Neti Pot would have caused this. I was just a little freaked out because I had heard of the random case of infection with that a couple of years ago--I realize this was rare. Also cant remember if I washed my Neti Pot out with the soap last week or not, but did with warm tap water. I didn't know if it was anything to be alarmed about. Any explanation would be great. I was just a little concerned and didn't know if I was overacting. Thank you.

smith_brad responded:
Good morning,

I hope you're feeling better by now.

When I get those it's often an allergy or sinusitis-trigger episode. Weather changes (even slight) will do it, and as I've gotten older, those changes bring on more severe attacks.

I wouldn't be too alarmed, but since this was from 4 days ago, if you are still having those effects you should definitely see someone to rule out a sinus infection, etc. I'm not a doctor at all, but I'd be paranoid as hell about fully cleaning / sterilizing out the Neti-Pot with every use, but that's just me.

How did the balloon procedure work thus far? I've known folks with mixed results and am always curious to see how well it's helped others.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center