Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Are these symptoms usual with migraine
geoffsm2208 posted:
Hi, I am looking for a bit of help, my symptoms are as follows
- Stabbing headache approx 2 weeks ago, lasted 3-4 hours but did not require the usual dark room treatment and I was able to function normally
- Dull Ache headache began a week ago on the right side of my head/face which then transferred to the left side
- More tired/sleepy than usual for the past week
- Yesterday felt tingling in my left arm
-Today left arm felt numb

I have been diagnosed as suffering from migraine - but the symptoms above appear to be more complex

Has anyone else had similar symptoms and if so the best way to diagnose the trigger and medication

I have had the usual scans etc,

Many Thanks in advance for your help

rosielou responded:
Have you had any problems or injuries to your neck, shoulder, or upper back?

nyheadache responded:
Assuming that you had an MRI scan since these symptoms appeared 2 weeks ago, some blood tests could be helpful - 1. RBC magnesium, 2. TSH, 3. Vitamin B12, 4. Lyme, 5. DHEA. If all these are normal, stabbing headache is probably so called ice pick headache, which is common in migraine sufferers. If headache remains persistent, Botox is the safest and the most effective treatment.
Migralex doc

tiredofheadaches replied to nyheadache's response:
Did lab work Magnesium was 1.2 which the dr said it was low now more problems Seizures

nyheadache replied to tiredofheadaches's response:
Both headaches and seizures can improve with magnesium, but an oral magnesium supplement can take weeks to help, if at all. Ask your doctor for an intravenous infusion. Some of our patients get monthly infusions to prevent their migraine and cluster headaches. We also give intravenous magnesium as an emergency treatment of acute migraines. See my blog post - http://www.nyheadache.com/blog/emergency-treatment-of-headaches-with-intravenous-magnesium/

Migralex doc

geoffsm2208 replied to rosielou's response:
None of the above ,

Helpful Tips

Yoga Helps
Yoga is a good tool to reducing stress and the headaches that come with it. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center