Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Headaches in children
rosemwood posted:
My daughter is 10yrs old. She's had headaches for a while. She went to a Neurologist over a year ago and he said he would only put her on medication if the headaches got worse.
Both my husband and I do suffer from headaches also. Can headaches be hereditary? Also if she doesn't eat enough protein do you think this could be her problem too? I've been trying to have her drink more water because a PA told me headaches are a cause of dehydration but when she's in school it's hard for her to drink a bunch of water.

plazadental responded:
Most headaches in children are due to an illness, infection, cold, or fever. Other conditions that can cause headaches include sinusitis. However, it has also been found through the studies that 70% children and adolescents who have migraines in their immediate family member also suffer from the migraines. Four out of five migraine sufferers have a family history of migraines. But since you haven't cleared in your post that whether both of you are migraine patient or the cause of headache is something different. It would be difficult to say the cause of headache in your daughter.

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center