Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Frequent headache at my temples
dmwetmore posted:
I usually get headaches somewhat often, but they never go past 4 on a scale from 1-10, and they never stop me from doing everyday tasks. However, for the past week or so, I've had what seems to be a non-stop headache at my temples. Bascially, it feels like someone is gripping my head. Sometimes its not that bad, sometimes it's worse, but it hasn't gotten past a 5 or 6 on the scale of 1-10. I have woken up a couple times this past week because of it, in which I will usually take Excedrin and then take a bath and rub my temples, and then it gets much better.

No other symptoms are present with this headache, except for a tiny bit of sensitivity to flourescent light (which is not too uncommon in my case), and I've been having congestion, sinus pressure, and an occasional runny nose.

Should I consult with a doctor on this? Or does it simply sound like a part of the sinus problems? I'm 31/m in pretty good shape and no crazy health issues.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 104 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center