Skip to content
daily pressure
An_255065 posted:
Every morning for the past 5 years ive woken with what my mother and I have come to call a Chronic Tension Migraine because it has a combination of tension headache symptoms and the horrible hopeless pain of migraines . And my several doctors have yet to tell me something else to call it. throughout my day i feel like im sitting in the bottom of a pool and the pressure on my head is going to cause it to implode. I have continued to feel like this without stop or exception. My doctor prescribes me a beta blocker which i'm not quite sure how it helps but fortunately only to the point of slightly numbing it. thoughts?

nyheadache responded:
This is most likely chronic migraine, even if features of tension-type headache are present. The best and the only FDA-approved treatment for them is Botox injections. You can read more about it at http://nyheadache.com/educational-materials/botox/ and you can see how the procedure is performed here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwuEcgkBikk&feature=youtu.be
Some of the tests worth doing (in addition to an MRI scan) are a sleep study, having blood tests for RBC magnesium, thyroid, vitamin B12, and other.
For treatment, you may also want to consider regular aerobic exercise, low carb diet, gluten-free diet, elimination of caffeine, biofeedback, and supplements such as magnesium, CoQ10, Boswellia and other.
Migralex doc

toddchaney responded:
These chronic migraine can be really disturbing. I was suffering from it for last 2 years but recently started my treatment with Lewis Pain. I feel much relieved now and the pain seems to have reduced.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center