Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Use Botox for Migraine relief
umeak2713 posted:
Has anyone out there tried Botox for Chronic migraine relief according to the FDA protocol of 31 injection sites by trained provider? How long have you been receiving treatment? How is it working?

3bulbs responded:
I know someone that had it done. It was a rough experience. Not getting it done but after. It was followed by 8 straight days of migraines and she sought treatment at the emergency room at the hospital. She did have relief from her chronic migraines,she told me she gets one about every 10 days. Which is a HUGE change. She did not want to do it again but the neurologist talked her into it and this time I believe she said he will not be going so close around her face. I could be wrong about where the placement would be different. She showed me the chart he gave her of the different places he would put the shots,the first time he did it. It's a real big deal iF it works . I also get migraines but not the severity to get the shots.

plazadental responded:
My friend who has continuous chronic migraines and lost 25 - 50% of my waking hours to migraine has undergone BOTOX treatment. The treatment comes up with life saver to him. He is more productive and healthier than ever. The treatment is followed by the botox injection at intervals of about 12 weeks as multiple injections around the head and neck to try to dull future headache symptoms.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 104 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center