Skip to content
Acupuncture
An_255125 posted:
Don't be afraid to try acupuncture it does work. After about the second session. Sometimes the first for some people, if you have to take meds it won't interfere and it may help it work better and reduce the side effects of allopathic medicine by putting your body back into balance.

freeandclear1 responded:
these days many locations have a community acupuncture center where the cost is more affordable (typically 10-25$ session sliding scale). See here for more information on the community acupuncture movement.
https://www.pocacoop.com/

rosielou replied to freeandclear1's response:
I have used acupuncture in the past and found it very effective for relieving or breaking ugly migraine cycles, as well as other things. When I've needed spinal steroid injections, acupuncture has helped get my body settled back down from the nasty side effects.

Thank you for posting that link. I found a community site just a few miles from my home, and it has some great recommendations. They charge less than half what I usually pay for a session, so I'll call on Monday for an appointment.

Would either/both of you consider posting your messages on the Fibromyalgia and Pain Management Boards? They're pretty active and open to something like this.

Thanks again.

Rose

plazadental responded:
Acupuncture is basically defined as point or spot on the body that contains a concentration of energy. Pressing these points help in treating disease like gastrointestinal disorders, respiratory conditions, gynaecological treatment, different problems associated with nervous system, disorder of eyes, nose, and throat.

mariajohnson replied to plazadental's response:
Acupuncture may be considered for patients who do not respond to pain medications. But acupuncture also have some risks like the unsterilized needles may infect the patient.

rosielou replied to mariajohnson's response:
Mariajohnson, that is not true.

Acupuncturists never use unsterilized needles, just like a physician or nurse would never use an unsterilized needle. There is no risk of infection.

Rose

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center