Skip to content
Severe Headaches related to Sinusitis?
thelightyoubring2007 posted:
Ok here is my dilemma... Mind you I am kind of anxiety ridden and, somewhat of a hypochondriac so hear me out before you think I am nuts...

Back history (That may be related):
-Gave birth October 29th (Healthy baby boy)
-Mid December I notice a cyst on my nipple. Went to the OB and was told it a most likely a clogged milk duct or Mastitis and it would go away on it own (which it did)
-January, I start developing chest and upper back pain. I went to the ER and was told that I had costocondritis and it should clear up (Which it did)
-This month, I started getting weird back pain again and tingling in my upper back.

THIS PAST WEEK:
Wednesday- I started developing severe headaches that were continuous. I went to the ER and was told it was a migraine.
Saturday-Sunday- Headaches continue, I develop nausea and dizziness.
I went back to the ER where they do a CT scan. Results indicate that my brain is fine, however, I have sinusitis. They give me antibiotics and send me home.

It is now Wednesday again and, my headaches have not improved and im still nauseated.

I cannot get a doctors appointment to follow up, literally until March 11th

Has anyone experienced a sinus infection this bad? I am really scared. I keep telling myself that the CT scan showed no abnormalities but, I cant get myself to believe this head pain and nausea is sinusitis

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
80 of 109 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center