Skip to content
Migraines
dinocat1 posted:
I am looking for a reasonably priced migraine medicine. Can anyone recommend something. I am so sick of these drug companies making a fortune on other people's misfortune.Please help me if you can.

rosielou responded:
Hi dinocat1,

Have you discussed this with your doctor? Often enough they are aware of this and can change your Rx to generics. Maybe they can put you on some of the old beta blocker, antidepressants, and/or others that are on the $4/$10 lists at the grocery stores and Target.

If you have insurance you'll need to find the list of meds on their pharmacy, those will be the cheapest. Take that with you to dr appointments and let's hope that they are the meds that will also work for you. I use both insurance and the $4/$10 list.

We each need our own unique mix of pills and supplements to manage them. My current Rx mix is topiramate, nortripytiline, atenolol, rizatriptan (maxalt), sumatriptan. They're all generic now, some are cheap but some aren't.

I hope this helps. Rose

mariajohnson responded:
I agree with Rose. You should discuss it with your doctor rather than trying anything on your own.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
80 of 109 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center