Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Constant tension headache for 2 MONTHS?
thatonerep posted:
Hello all,

I have had a tension headache for 2 months straight. I had CT Scans and it came back normal. I also have a slight pain in my tooth in the back. I went to a dentist and he found nothing. I don't know if the headaches are actually causing the tooth pain. I even wake up in the mornings with these headaches. I still workout everyday and its actually like while im working out it doesnt hurt as bad - but theres still tension. It has been debilitating me lately. I had my blood pressure taken like a month ago and it was normal.

What could it be ?

atti_editor responded:
Hi thatonerep,

While I can't speak to what may be causing these headaches directly, you might try some of these tips to help find and avoid your headache triggers. Keeping a headache diary might help you narrow down when your headaches are worse and what makes them less noticeable (you mentioned exercising helps). This might also be a good thing to show your doctor to see if he/she can gain any insights from it.

This article on tension headaches also has some information on treatments that you might try.

Best wishes,
Atti

journaljenny responded:
I am having the same type of migraine!! I use medications & OTC pain relievers. Only to get minimal relief, it's always, always there. I also go to the gym daily and find some relief when there. I was wondering why. I see a neurologist tomorrow, hoping to find some answers. Getting so frustrated, would love to have my life back.

littlest_prancer replied to journaljenny's response:
oh, please let me know how it goes. I have had a numb/mild hheadache for a month now. I thought I might be developing seasonal allergies but none of the allergy relief meds work. I am not stuffed up, but my headache is noticable whenever I make expresions with my face- smiling, opening wide, and especially scrunching my nose) which makes mr believe it has something to do with the nasalis muscle.
Don't know how to relieve the pain though.

good luck with your neurologist!

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center