Skip to content
night time migraines
madog12 posted:
I often get night time migraines. I sleep with my head slightly elevated every night. However if I take a Mucinex D a couple of hours before bed time I am headache free. I take verapamil for prevention of migraines. Also relpax and naproxen at onset of migraine. Is it safe to take Mucinex D often? Thank you.

allie_bf responded:
I would certainly not take it indefinitely, but since this is the beginning of spring allergy season, you may be getting some sinus congestion that is triggering your migraines. If the decongestants are helping you avoid migraines, there are probably other allergy reducing measures that you can take that would be helpful in reducing the dosage of the Mucinex, and then you can re-evaluate in a few weeks when pollen counts drop.

mariajohnson responded:
To prevent night time migraines I have heard that hibiscus tea works really well.

madog12 replied to allie_bf's response:
Thank you for your suggestions

madog12 replied to mariajohnson's response:
Thank you

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center