Skip to content
Migraines Horners and Breast cancer
rachellyn13 posted:
So last year on April 2nd, I was running on a treadmill and started to have a pretty bad headache. I went home, took advil, showered and went to bed. In the middle of the night I went to urgent care because the headache wasn't resolving. It was getting worse. I should mention that I started working out at a gym that January that does 30 min treadmill/cardio and 30 min strength training. I had been corrected multiple times on my form with the kettle bells. In any case, the HA resolved and came back the next afternoon. After a nap and an attempt to use tylenol to treat the HA I woke up and my left eye was slightly droopy. Back to urgent care. Was told it was a sinus infection and cellulitis of the eye. Was given a shot of toradol, 2 antibiotics, toradol prescription and was also told to take musinex. That evening I experienced the worst pain as well as nausea and vomiting. Went to the ER and got fluids and a cocktail of drugs that took most of the pain away and then went home. I went to an appointment with my PCP. She noticed that my pupils were uneven. She sent me to see my eye dr. He diagnosed me with horners. He ordered MRI/MRA of the head and neck to rule out neoplasms or dissected carotid. I also had a CT of the chest to rule out pancoast tumor. All were clear. The only finding was that there was some "mild to moderate spinal cord flattening to the left with stenosis and moderate left foraminal stenosis" at C5-6. All three neurologists I've seen dismiss this and opt to treat the pain instead of the cause. I realize that may be my best option but my daily life is significantly changed d/t pain and fatigue from the drugs. On a side note, my eye MD told me to ask for a mammogram and PET scan. With some pushing I got the mammo. I was diagnosed with breast cancer, also left side, and had a mastectomy last July. Incidental finding, I guess, but it saved my life!! Anyway, has anyone ever heard of a link between any of this crazy stuff? Anyone have thoughts or experience with treatment of this or similar situation? Looking for a solution! Any input appreciated!!

Helpful Tips

Botox for Headaches FDA approvedExpert
Many of you have heard that Botox (botulinum toxin) has been approved by the FDA for chronic daily headaches or migraines. Chronic daily ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center