Skip to content
Need Suggestions
kmiller2130 posted:
I got a call back today saying they got me an appointment with a neurologist but it's not until July 7 - 2 months away. I am having these migraines about 4 times a week. I really wish I could see someone sooner but so far no luck. I can't take this much longer. Should I go back to my primary doctor? Does anyone know of anything that might help? All the otc meds dont seem to work.

jules1202 responded:
I would go back to your primary and have them do some blood test to rule out things like B vitamin deficiencies or anemia.

You could also try an otc prevention med. I take migrelief http://www.amazon.com/Migrelief-Original-Formula-Therapy-Puracol/dp/B000UY2BUI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399555291&sr=8-1&keywords=migrelief and it is a huge help for me. My neurologist recommended it and there is alot of research showing the level of B-2 in it can help with migraine prevention.

Helpful Tips

Migraine Prevention MedicationsExpert
Which medications work for migraine prevention? This question comes up all the time, so I've made a list of some of the medications we use ... More
Was this Helpful?
79 of 107 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Pain Disorders Center